But what if you have worked all your IT career with Microsoft products ‘only’? And don’t know much about ‘The Others’? Can get a bit scary huh? Gladly enough there is something like the internet so there are multiple good resources to be found how to go about it.
Here are some good resources:
- Webcast, monitoring Xplat with OpsMgr R2:
- Some datasheets from Microsoft. Some of it is marketing blabla, but also with some ‘nice-to-know’ information:
Linux Systems with Operations Manager 2007 Cross Platform Extensions
Datasheet- System Center Operations Manager 2007 Cross Platform Extensions
- Microsoft’s Xplat MP authoring guide:
- Daniele Muscetta’s blog, many posts about Xplat:
- David Allen, OpsMgr MVP, has some good field notes:
- Anders Bengtsson, OpsMgr MVP, also blogged about it:
- The Xplat blog of Bridgeways MPs:
Whenever new links are to be found I’ll update this posting with them.